A description of what day to day activities of a social media strategist would involve in order to achieve success by monitoring social media campaigns individually for conversion of leads into customers.
What are the Job responsibilities of a person working as a Social Media Strategist?
- The core skills of a social media strategist involve the Development, Implementation, and Management of Social Media Strategies and Plans.
- As a Social media strategist, you’ve got to monitor different Key Performance indicators across all the Social Media Platforms where you post the content such as likes, shares, comments, etc are a few to say.
- Engage in building your network across platforms by joining the discussions as if you have joined the conversation running in people’s minds.
- Run a weekly or monthly based competitive analysis to check how you are doing compared to competitors in the market.
- Monitor Your Brands being Mentioned by people across all the social media platforms.
- Gauge success factors of every social media campaign either weekly or monthly.
- Manage your social media content across all the platforms following a strict schedule.
- Be the first to adopt viral social media trends and new updates in using social media technologies across all social media platforms.
- Work in Multi-disciplinary Cohorts and do brainstorming while discussing with other departments.
- Always care for effective content for more user engagement by analyzing and tracking content with SEO Techniques.
- Grow your network with industrialists and influencers of your niche.
- Try to follow a cycle of Learning, Working, Blogging(Words make you brainstorm for new ideas), Consulting, Mentoring, and finally go for a start-up. Through which you grow with people around you by giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Plan, develop, implement and manage strategies for successful execution.
A Social Media Strategist’s mere responsibility would be to lessen the communication gap between the Brand/Company and the audience(Social media users).
It starts from aggressive social media marketing strategies across all platforms which leads to product development and ends with the conversion of leads into customers through sales.
Analyzation of new trends like memes, usage of BGM’s, viral or funny dialogues, before and after effects, etc are a few of the factors normally considered when developing a strategy to reach out to the right audience.
Build trust with a story that emotionally connects with the audience and the brand. Because people want to listen from people not from brands pitching always for sales or automated bots.
Always choose an attractive subject line when organizing live online events.
Explain your journey to success or how one can use your services for successful results.
End of the day word of mouth plays an important role to increase brand awareness which happens by the medium of communication between the brand and the people.
Analyzing likes, comments, shares, & clicks on your stories, etc helps you gauge the metrics and improvise the strategy.
Different KPI’s like mentioning your brand’s name across various social platforms, user engagement with the brand, the website traffic, signups or conversions from your landing pages, sales, increase in page followers, quality leads that tend to be buyers are a few of the important KPI’s to be monitored either on a weekly/monthly basis.
Other basic KPIs could be a number of likes, shares, comments which could be helpful but are just irrelevant information for the sake of KPIs.
Build your tribe
More user engagement online is achieved by a sense of humor, a story that emotionally connects with users, Polls, Yes/no Posts, etc helps build an online tribe.
Try to understand your target audience by their social media habits and interaction.
Most of the time engagement is achieved by joining the conversations in people’s minds which could be either solving problems, answering the questions, providing guidance and solutions to the users can help build a rapport and trust between brand and users.
Run competitors analysis.
Analyze where you stand when you compare with your competitors because you are not the only one in the market.
Don’t always try to be the No.1 in the market. You can be the only one if you can narrow down your niche selection.
Try to know how they are posting advertisements across social platforms.
Create awareness about the uniqueness of your brand when compared to competitors.
Get to know how your competitor responds to user’s queries and addresses the solution to them.
Also, while doing the competitor research try to observe how they are engaging with the audience online and how they are trying to attract new leads for successful conversions.
Your Brand Mentions across social media platforms.
Mentioning your brand’s name by users should be monitored to check if there are any negative influences in the conversation and avoid the spread of a poor image of the brand.
Always take out some time to join the conversation and respect the user opinions if suggested and try to solve the grievances of the users by gaining trust with your responses.
Success factors of a social media campaign.
The Success factors of every social media campaign involve the timely checking of every individual content to analyze if the campaign is consistent in continuous performance.
The Weekly or Monthly monitoring of Key Performance Indicators(KPI’s) is an important aspect to notice the changes being made now and then.
If you observe any poor results with user engagement then you need to analyze and opt for new or different strategies to stay on top.
Managing and improvising your content to target the right audience.
Management of your content across all the social media platforms to ensure your audience is nourished richly with timely content and new trends on social media.
Try to know at what times the users are active across all the social media platforms to post your content at the right time for engagement.
Get to know where the most engaging audience comes from based on demographics.
Publish content as per the consuming habits of the audience and viral trends.
Adaption of new trends on social media and technologies.
Adapt and improvise with the publishing of your content which has relevancy with the audience to engage with viral trends on social media.
Also, try to analyze and learn about changes being made in social media technologies to join the trend which helps you stay on top.
Example:- Instagram reels, YouTube Stories, LinkedIn articles, etc. are new improvements made on their platforms.
Collaborate and expand ideas with teamwork.
Always try to gain new ideas by organizing brainstorming sessions with all the departments in your company which might include your peers, sales staff, research & development teams, marketing department, designers, etc, even if you have a small team the discussions will help you fetch new ideas.
Even if one of the departments is most ignored or most preferred the balance goes out and a lot could go wrong. Always try to maintain a balance across all the aspects of your company.
Be consistent in analyzing the content either articles, posts, images, or videos to check if they are optimized for SEO.
The Skills that you need to be a better social media strategist involves the following:
-Analyzing, measuring, and collecting different data metrics like
- Type of audience.
- Type of content being published.
- The Engagement time of the audience across all platforms.
- Your paid advertising statistics.
- Hashtag analysis.
-Planning and execution of the social media projects.
-Content and structure of the articles to be published.
-Design and presentation of the content.
-Producing videos with more user engagement.
-Engagement with customers for problem-solving.
How to build your network as a social media strategist?
- Attending online seminars or webinars organized by famous digital marketing influencers and joining the topic of discussion to get recognized as an active participant.
- Join digital marketing communities to get hold of new trends and discussions to analyze how users are engaging with the content.
- Subscribe to email newsletters of famous digital marketing influencers and read their blogs.
- Analyze and adapt new trends on social media.
- Increase your network with social media influencers.
- Lastly, you should love being on social media.
Social Media Strategists Vs Social Media Managers.
You are the one who analyzes every day’s activities across all the departments in your organization and to collaborative sessions with them for better strategies.
Social Media Managers:-
You are the one who analyzes the user engagement with your content every day to measure the success factors of every social media campaign individually.